Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [32F] husband [34M] is being kinda mean about my emotional keepsakes, calling them trash and me a hoarder

Okay soo I've always been someone who likes to revisit the past occasionally. I tend to live a bit too much in the past sometimes, but am usually aware of that and try to fight it. However I like to revisit places, just think about memories, etc.

I also like to keep things from the past and just look at them and remember from time to time. At the moment I have one medium size box that I keep under my side of the bed, it's full with little things from my past that might look like trash to anybody else. For example I'm keeping in there some notebooks I wrote in as a kid, some school homework, and things like an entry ticket to a musical my parents took me to 20 years ago and so on.. it doesn't always make sense what objects I have an emotional connection with. However ever few months or so I just get one of my old notebooks out, look at what I wrote in it, remember what was on my mind at that time and have a little chuckle about the scribbles I made. Stuff like that.

My husband values order, he is also rather minimalistic in the sense that he doesn't really see why one should keep anything from the past. In his mind it just weighs one down and you shouldn't look at the past, but live in the present. That's fair, but I don't really see any harm in my level of nostalgia, it's not like I completely clutter the house with trash or anything. Yet he has in the past commented on how I keep 'trash' around and that some objects just can't be of importance to anybody, if he catches me looking at them he shakes his head, and he has claimed that it's a 'hoarder' thing, he also likes to bring up how I 'never throw anything away'. Honestly I don't agree that I am at that level. Like I said the stuff is mainly in one single box under the bed where it shouldn't bother anyone, and I have two or three other boxes in the cellar which mainly house a comic book collection I want to keep. The room is almost empty otherwise so there would be plenty of space for him, that can't be the issue. I think he just really dislikes the fact that I put emotional value on objects, and can't let the topic rest.

Is there something I'm not seeing here? I'm asking because my mother used to react similarly, and I wonder how other people see this.

---

**tl,dr:** I like to keep some things from the past that might look like trash but they mean something to me, husband can't understand it and says it's a hoarder thing, true?



Submitted August 29, 2018 at 10:41AM by LankyChallenge https://ift.tt/2PhywE1
My [32F] husband [34M] is being kinda mean about my emotional keepsakes, calling them trash and me a hoarder My [32F] husband [34M] is being kinda mean about my emotional keepsakes, calling them trash and me a hoarder Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 29, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.