Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (28/F) found out my maid of honour (30/F) tried to drunkenly kiss my fiancé (28/M).

She’s been my friend since we were children. We grew up on the same street. Originally she and my brother were friends (and briefly dated in high school) but we stayed in touch and became closer friends after they broke up. She’s like a sister to me.

My fiancé and I met in our last year of uni. We’ve been together ever since. Things have always been so good and so effortless between us. He asked me to marry him about one year ago, shortly after we both landed our dream jobs and moved in together.

I’ve never noticed any strange behaviour between my friend and my fiancé, but I usually take longer when it comes to picking these things up. I feel like unless I’m looking for it, I’ll never notice it. Until now I’ve had no reason to look for it.

The wedding is in two weeks.

My fiancé pulled me aside last night, sat me down and told me that there’s something I need to know.

I had no idea what was going on.

He told me that my maid of honour has been making him feel uncomfortable for a long time, and that he’d have told me sooner but he didn’t know if it was bad enough until something she did the previous night. Before that she would always tell him that he’s good looking and playfully embarrass him a little in front of people. I noticed that, but I always thought it was just playful and that he was okay with it. Had I known he felt uncomfortable, I’d have put a stop to it. We both model, so this sort of attention isn’t that unusual.

In any case, he told me that he’s felt for a long time now that she’s interested in him in some way, but he didn’t know for sure until the other night, when she essentially accused him of looking at her chest and then tried to kiss him.

The kiss never happened.

We had some friends over. Everyone was drinking. At one point they were in the kitchen alone. According to him, she found him in there and started leaning close to him and basically pushing herself against him in a low cut top. When he tried to move away, she accused him of looking down at her chest. He told her that she was wrong and that she should probably slow down on the wine before she embarrasses herself. She then came up to him again and tried to kiss him, saying, “I won’t tell,” referring to me.

That was when he took off. I remember that he was a little quiet towards the end of the night, but I had no idea why. He didn’t tell me until the next night. He just said he wasn’t feeling well until then.

Now that he’s told me what happened, I’m in shock. I told him that I’m glad he said something, and that I’ll make sure he doesn’t have to deal with her again. But at the same time, this is so unlike her. Not once in the years I’ve known her, has she ever acted in such a way towards any guy, let alone a guy I’m with. It’s hard to process, but I can’t see my fiancé making this up. She did have a lot to drink that night.

I haven’t talked to her about it yet, but I will. I’m just not sure what to do or how to go about it just yet. She isn’t just a random friend from work, she’s my closest and oldest friend. I’m trying to remember the way she acted that night, and I’m drawing a blank. There was nothing out of ordinary, but again, I wasn’t looking for anything at the time.

What should I do? How should I question her?

tl;dr They were alone in the kitchen at a dinner party a couple of nights ago. According to him, she accused him of looking down her low cut top, and then essentially tried to kiss him and said she wasn’t going to tell. He told me last night and said he’s felt for a long time that she has a thing for him, but he didn’t feel he had enough proof to say something until what happened at the dinner party. I honestly have no idea what to do or how to react. I’m in shock. This is completely unlike her, but she did have a lot to drink that night.



Submitted August 30, 2018 at 11:26AM by coffeecup89 https://ift.tt/2LCLeLu
I (28/F) found out my maid of honour (30/F) tried to drunkenly kiss my fiancé (28/M). I (28/F) found out my maid of honour (30/F) tried to drunkenly kiss my fiancé (28/M). Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 30, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.