Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (23m) roommate (25m) of 2 months put surveillance cameras throughout the apartment, says it's for security but they're in my own room too?

I met this guy through my university's housing listserv where we were both looking for a roommate. We decided to room together. Signed a yearlong lease that began may 1st.

Yesterday I took out the vent in the bathroom to clean out lint and found two wireless cameras. One was pointed towards the toilet, the other into the shower. It really freaked me out. After poking around the rest of the vents I found one in my room, the kitchen and the living room. I didn't go into his room so I don't know if he has one too.

He says they're "for security" and I shouldn't have messed with them. He was really mad at me for tampering with them. At his last place he had roommates who chronically stole from him among other more disgusting things, so he feels safer with the place under surveillance.

I have not done anything like that and never would but I'm extremely uncomfortable with these running 24/7. Now I know every single thing I do is probably filmed from somewhere. I have no privacy. Even in the bathroom I'm being recorded, what could be stolen from a bathroom? There's just no logical reason for that. I feel like he's got these up for perverted reasons, at least in part. I don't have a girlfriend but if I did there's no way I'd ever bring her here now.

My roommate and I aren't friends, we've mostly just talked about things related to living together. Until now we've politely gotten along. Now I think he's a fucking creep. He's also just kind of weird. Hardly ever leaves, stays in his room all day with the door shut.

This is intolerable to me. I told him if I ever found one in my room again I'd destroy it so don't even bother because I'll be checking.

I'm definitely gonna move out. It'll be hard because everyone's trying to find housing right before school starts so it might take me a while. How do I deal with living with him in the meantime?

TL;DR: Roommate has hidden cameras running throughout the apartment, no privacy.



Submitted August 30, 2018 at 10:47AM by MysteriousCanary https://ift.tt/2wGmjRV
My (23m) roommate (25m) of 2 months put surveillance cameras throughout the apartment, says it's for security but they're in my own room too? My (23m) roommate (25m) of 2 months put surveillance cameras throughout the apartment, says it's for security but they're in my own room too? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 30, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.