Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My sister [25] is pushing me [20] out of the family

Trying to write this out without just seeming like a jealous sibling will be difficult but I’ll do my best.

To keep it short, I am the black sheep of the family. It’s just me, my father, and my sister. My mom passed away a few years ago and things haven’t exactly been going well. My sister “attempted” suicide a few years ago and I only say attempted that way due to her saying later on that it was just for attention purposes and she wasn’t planning on actually dying- not because I didn’t take it seriously. I took it VERY seriously.

Ever since then my father has bent down to every single one of my sisters demands. Everything from doing her dishes every night to allowing her to live in the house rent free with everything paid for (I do these things). She also brings home animals or shady people (who interact with drugs) into our home late at night despite my father feeling uncomfortable and unsafe about it. My sister threatens to kill herself if he says anything so he chooses to say nothing at all.

I’ve brought my concerns up to my father but he always tells me that I’m being dramatic and jealous. I’ve told him that just because I haven’t tried to kill myself doesn’t mean I don’t have emotions about these things. In fact, my dwindling relationship with my family upsets me so much and makes my depression worse. I’ve been having panic attacks and painful thoughts everyday. It’s always “I don’t worry about you, your sister needs extra care.”

I want support sometimes.

I know as soon as I move out I won’t be able to call this place home and won’t be able to come back. after my mother passed, all I wanted was a strong bond with my family but I can’t feel like my emotions are invalid anymore.

Does anyone have any advice as to where I should go from here?

TDLR : My sister threatens to kill herself to my father if she doesn’t get her way and my relationship with them and mental health are paying the price.



Submitted July 27, 2018 at 07:15PM by lilybearx https://ift.tt/2K38YYv
My sister [25] is pushing me [20] out of the family My sister [25] is pushing me [20] out of the family Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 28, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.