Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My girlfriend [30F] always expects presents on holidays, her birthday, and other occasions, but does not give me [27M] presents beyond sex. Am I right to feel that this is a little unfair?

Hi Reddit, My girlfriend "Carli" and I have been together about three years. I am a graphic designer; she works as a cashier in a vintage clothing store.

Due to a particular leasing problem she has with her landlord and existing roommates (2 other women), we have scheduled moving in together in January '19.

I consider Carli to be a serious girlfriend, and I will very likely propose marriage to her in the near future, a fact about which Carli is aware and enthusiastically agreeable to. As in, I can tell she's giddy with the idea of us getting married; according to her girlfriends, she is super-eager to tie the knot with me.

Carli is really big on her personal milestones. If it's her birthday or she has some other personal, life event, she'll want me to commemorate it by giving her a present. If it's a shared milestone, such as an anniversary, she will also expect a present. And if it's Valentine's Day, Christmas, or any other holiday, she definitely expects a present.

I know she expects a present, because I see how she behaves when she DOESN'T get a present (sulking, moping, guilting, etc). I'm not monetarily struggling, so spending some money to keep Carli happy is not financially draining, at least not yet.

However, I notice that Carli does not get gifts for me on my own birthday, and while she will give me a gift at Christmas, she does not give me presents on other holidays such as Valentines Day. Nor will she give me presents on our shared milestones.

What she will do instead, is just make sure that we have sex that day. As if it's a present, and we didn't just have sex three or four other times this same week and those weren't holidays at all.

Am I right to feel a little bit annoyed by the double standard here?

Or should I just chalk this up to, well she's a girl and I'm a guy and girls and guys are different?

I wouldn't be asking, except she just gets really entitled when it comes to her getting gifts, but doesn't seem to think I should be recognized even remotely in the same way except through sex.

I don't think giving your partner sex should be a gift or conditional to holidays.

I don't care if Carli spends money on a gift. I wouldn't mind a friggin' card.

Also I think it's unfair that whenever there's a holiday I'm racking my brain trying to be considerate and personal and creative and fun with my gift-giving ideas, meanwhile, in comparison all she has to do is lay on her back and think of England.

**tl;dr: girlfriend expects gifts on every occasion. On those same occasions, she thinks the only "gift" she needs to give me is sex. Am I right to think this is unfair?**



Submitted July 28, 2018 at 05:15PM by ReallyNiceQuadsThere https://ift.tt/2Afay9K
My girlfriend [30F] always expects presents on holidays, her birthday, and other occasions, but does not give me [27M] presents beyond sex. Am I right to feel that this is a little unfair? My girlfriend [30F] always expects presents on holidays, her birthday, and other occasions, but does not give me [27M] presents beyond sex. Am I right to feel that this is a little unfair? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 28, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.