Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I [26M], let down my SO[23F] gently about not liking one of her friends

My [26M] SO [23F] doesn't have very many friends. Long story short, she's had a troubled past after being abandoned by both her parents and has had to get over the trauma of it. She's still dealing with it a bit, but she's gotten through a lot of it the past 2 years we've been dating. Very proud of her, she used to have major anxiety attacks when we first met and I'd have to hold her while it passed but now I can't even remember the last time she had one. But as a result of the abandonment, she never really had many friends growing up. One of her few friends just moved back to town after being away for college and they have a shared history of trauma together because his dad died and his mom crawled inside a liquor bottle after he passed.

I can appreciate him being there for her, and their history together but this dude while he was away for college turned into a VERY stereotypical frat boy douchebag. Every time I've met him (three times) he's been beyond shitfaced, which isn't necessarily a problem, I like to get fucked occasionally too, but I don't like douchebags who act macho and "cool" to try and mask their insecurity. He's very much the type of toxic frat dude I'd never spend time with.

My girlfriend though keeps trying to invite me along to come hangout with the two of them because she wants me to become friends with him. Going out to bars with this douchebag and getting drunk with him is not my idea of fun.

How do I let her down gently and tell her that while I can appreciate their history of friendship and if she wants to be friends him that's fine and dandy, but I really don't give two shits about him and don't like him?

TL;DR Girlfriend's old friend is an over the top frat boy and I don't want to spend time with him despite her wanting me to.



Submitted January 22, 2023 at 07:11PM by BlackHamTown https://ift.tt/CKzm9Y3
How do I [26M], let down my SO[23F] gently about not liking one of her friends How do I [26M], let down my SO[23F] gently about not liking one of her friends Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 23, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.