Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Me [39 M] with my Wife [38 F] of 14 years, get upset about verification questions.

Mrs. CCL_Throway gets tired of my constant questioning of her rather than just figuring it out myself. While it certainly is ideal to have your S.O. know you so well that you are on the same wavelength all the time, but for most people that's really impractical to expect.

In many situations I could think longer to come up with one question rather than 10 subsequent questions to answer each induvial thing I'm wondering.

It bothers me greatly, however, how upset she gets when I ask for simple verifications.

For example, today it started snowing about 11 am. I'm working from home these days so I thought it would be helpful for me to make sure that the snow is cleared from her van as I know she goes grocery shopping on Wednesdays. I would hate for her to get stuck in the driveway.

When I got a break in my meetings, shortly before she intended to leave, I started shoveling (after I was unable to get the snowblower started, first snow of the year that happens) she joins, and she says "Hey can you get the back...so the girls have at least one way to get in."

I was trying to make sure the van didn't get stuck, so when she said that my first thought was to make sure the back wheels weren't going to get stuck in the snow, and then the addition after her pause was confusing. I asked, "So you want me to shovel a path from the house to the van?" Her response was as if I had asked her how many kids we had.

tl;dr: How can I make sure I am actually doing what my wife wants me to do, without upsetting her because I need to ask when she already told me what she wanted?



Submitted January 25, 2023 at 12:49PM by CCL_throwaway https://ift.tt/jgonXdl
Me [39 M] with my Wife [38 F] of 14 years, get upset about verification questions. Me [39 M] with my Wife [38 F] of 14 years, get upset about verification questions. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 26, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.