Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (26F) best friend's (26M) girlfriend (23F) keeps telling me I'm huge but I'm the same size as her

This is such a dumb problem I feel stupid for even bringing it here, but I'm just at my limit.

My best friend Mark (26M) started dating Allie (23F) a few months ago. He seems very happy with her and very into her. So far all good. He introduced me to Allie and she seemed nice. I noticed she had a very cutesy style of talking and acting, almost like she was a Disney princess. I figured that was just who she was and didn't think much of it. Some people are just naturally cute.

Allie likes to bring up how tiny and thin she is a lot. Like a lot. She'll work it into any conversation. We're talking about hobbies? Allie has always wanted to take up volleyball but she's too tiny to reach the ball. Clothes? Allie has trouble when shopping because she's so tiny she can never find her size. Kids? Allie's scared to give birth because she's tiny and the baby will rip her apart.

I privately found it kind of funny because Allie is not really tiny. She's not big either, she's just normal. In fact, she's basically the same height and weight as I am, if I had to guess. I'm 5'5" and Allie is exactly the same height as me, and she looks like she's probably a similar weight (I am around 124 lbs) too. I wouldn't call myself tiny, I'd just say I'm average. But I don't care if Allie likes to call herself tiny so I just shrugged and let it go.

Except then she started saying not only is she tiny, I am huge compared to her.

And she said it a lot. OP, can you get this off the shelf for me? I can't reach it but you're a lot taller, so you can! OP, that skirt is so cute! I'd ask to borrow it but you're a lot bigger than me so it wouldn't fit. OP, I've never noticed how big your hands are! OP, we look so funny standing next to each other, it's like Little and Large! OP, are your family Scottish? You have big Scottish bones.

The first few times she did this I smiled and said we're basically the same size and height, aren't we? Except Mark cut in to tell me that no, I'm much much bigger than Allie, Allie is TINY. Tinkerbell herself come to life. He even put his hand on top of Allie's head and then drew it across to mine to show me how much taller I was, except his hand took a sudden jump up and hovered several inches above my head like the top of my head was invisible or something. It would have been funny if it wasn't so weird.

Now he's getting other mutual friends of us in on the act, so I'm constantly hearing about how huge I am and how teeny tiny a woman the exact same height and weight as me is. It is insane. I am starting to question if I have some weird case of body dysmorphia and I actually am much bigger and taller than the scale and mirror say I am.

I am tired of this. How do I get Mark and Allie to stop it? I don't want to lose my best friend over this, and I also don't want to be seen as the weird girl who gets offended over something so dumb.

TL:DR: Best friend and his girlfriend keep telling me I'm a giant hippo and she's a dainty fairy. We are the same height and weight.



Submitted January 13, 2023 at 04:09AM by Ill-Constant-1637 https://ift.tt/u97vt6N
My (26F) best friend's (26M) girlfriend (23F) keeps telling me I'm huge but I'm the same size as her My (26F) best friend's (26M) girlfriend (23F) keeps telling me I'm huge but I'm the same size as her Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 13, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.