Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My girlfriend (21F) is constantly berating me (26M) for the lack of time we spend together when I feel like I am trying

Hi all,

I have been with my girlfriend for almost two years and we have had lots of fun and laughs over that period. We have also had a few squabbles every now and then but we smooth these over and discuss like adults.

However, one recurring theme where we have clashed is us not meeting up 'enough' during the week. Now I work a 9-5 and my commute is quite long so realistically its actually a 7-7. We both live at home and so often I will go home, eat and then drive to her which is about a 15 minute drive away. We will spend a few hours together and then because I have work I will go home. In contrast, she only works three days a week and her job is a 20 minute walk away.

Now sometimes I am too tired to do anything or other evenings I am either doing errands or meeting with friends but we will try to hang out at least 3 times a week. We will always go to her house and she does not like public transport much so often I am the one making the journey.

Nevertheless, she always complains and today I was going to see her after the gym and she just sounded a bit moody because she said she was waiting (the journey to get back after the gym was going to be an hour but I said I am happy to do it). I then just kind of snapped and said why don't you help me out and meet me halfway rather than just waiting. Maybe this was not the best reaction but just her tone and recent comments on this topic have sort of not sat right with me.

For instance, since 2023 has begun she will pull up a statistic like 'oh you have not seen me in a weekend in 2023 so far'. I feel like she wants someone to be there with her a lot more than I can feasibly do... I don't know if I am just a terrible boyfriend.

TLDR: My girlfriend and I have frequently clashed on the amount of time spent together and it is starting to grate on me, especially considering I make the journey for the majority of meet-ups.



Submitted January 20, 2023 at 04:32PM by Environmental_Sample https://ift.tt/EJbh0UB
My girlfriend (21F) is constantly berating me (26M) for the lack of time we spend together when I feel like I am trying My girlfriend (21F) is constantly berating me (26M) for the lack of time we spend together when I feel like I am trying Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 21, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.