Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (24m) girlfriend (22f) always moves the goalposts?

We’ve been together for 3 years and for the most part our relationship is great. However, it always seems like there’s something I’m doing wrong. For example, maybe I haven’t sent enough sweet texts on days that we don’t hang out, maybe I haven’t bought her flowers in a while, things like that. Obviously I want her to communicate these things, but when I fix the issues she brings up, it seems she just moves on to something else I’m not doing.

This came to a head during our 3 year anniversary yesterday. I picked her up some flowers from the store, she then complained that I didn’t cut the stems off the flowers and said that “I gave her a task, not a gift”. She had also mentioned that she wants me to open doors for her because “that’s a man’s job”, I opened doors everywhere on our date last night but I forgot to open her car door and she gets mad at me and says “I meant I wanted you to open the CAR door”. I also put together a gift package for her and planned to put it together into a display on her bed but she came home an hour early so I had to just kind of give her gifts to her. She was then mad that her gifts weren’t in a bag or basket. I told her what I had planned to do and that I couldn’t because she came home early and she said “you should’ve planned for that”.

This is just an example of the kind of outburst she has at least once or twice a month. There are a bunch of little things that get dumped on me all at once while I’m getting told “it’s not that hard”, “it’s the bare minimum”, “if you wanted to you would”, etc. I tried communicating that this makes me feel unappreciated when she has these outbursts while also not showing appreciation for what I do but I just got an eye roll back. It just feels like nothing I do will ever be enough and I don’t know what to do.

Tl;dr: girlfriend constantly brings up things I don’t do, comes up with new issues after I fix the original ones, I feel unappreciated and don’t know what to do



Submitted January 18, 2023 at 02:18AM by InvestigatorStill544 https://ift.tt/50rDpFU
My (24m) girlfriend (22f) always moves the goalposts? My (24m) girlfriend (22f) always moves the goalposts? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 18, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.