Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (24M) girlfriend (21F) hates my best friend (24F)

So my girlfriend and I have been together for a year now, and things are really good between us! She’s close to my family, I’m close to hers, it’s overall a very happy relationship… but there’s one problem.

I do not have many people in my life that I consider “close friends”. In fact, if I had to count all my friends right now, I would only be able to name four people, two guys and two girls. My best friend is one of the girls, and we’ve been best friends for almost three years at this point.

I was very clear to my girlfriend from the beginning: at one point, before I even met her, I did have a crush on my friend but it didn’t last long, maybe a month until I fully decided we would never work out as a couple (we have very similar personalities and I think that would get annoying eventually). It also doesn’t help that everyone who knows us is aware that I’m his best friend and she’s my best friend.

My girlfriend absolutely hates her and even tho I always tell her that she’s just my friend and there will never be any romantic feelings between us, she has this crazy idea that my friend is “secretly in love with me”. It makes me very sad and very upset. She is okay with seeing her in social settings when it’s planned by my other friends, but for instance my birthday is coming up in about a month and she prohibited me from inviting my best friend, which is annoying because I should be able to celebrate with all the important people in my life.

What’s even worse is that my best friend recently started dating someone for the first time since I know her, and I’m pretty sure that would invalidate all the arguments my girlfriend has claiming she has a crush on me. The problem is I promised to my best friend I wouldn’t tell anyone, because she’s dating someone we know and they’ve only been together for a few weeks, and I’m the only person who knows they’re dating.

This whole situation just really stresses me out, I really wish this was easier. I truly want my girlfriend and my best friend to be friends, but it seems impossible that my girlfriend would ever give her a chance…

What can I do to solve this?

TL,DR: My girlfriend hates my female best friend and thinks she has a crush on me even tho she has a boyfriend.



Submitted January 23, 2023 at 05:50AM by ThrowRA_mikeflynnt https://ift.tt/oEJ9WdQ
My (24M) girlfriend (21F) hates my best friend (24F) My (24M) girlfriend (21F) hates my best friend (24F) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 24, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.