Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Do people tell their friends’ secrets to their partner?

Before I start, I (20F) am a very anxious person, so I may be overthinking this.

Recently, I told my friend and cousin about something very traumatic I went through. It took me a lot of courage to bring it up and how it is affecting my mental health today. I'm so thankful I have people I can talk to comfortably.

But yesterday I remembered they're both in relationships, and I forgot to tell them to not to tell their boyfriends. Since then, I've been very paranoid because I saw some posts on Reddit saying how you should always assume your friend would tell your secret to their partner. A lot of comments agree because they say a couple is considered "one entity", or that the SO is the "exception" so they have to tell them everything.

Is this true? I have never been in a relationship before, so I'm not sure how much people tell stuff to their partners. I feel terrible for thinking this way, but I'm definitely not comfortable with the idea of someone I barely talk to knowing very personal information about me, even though they might not necessarily have anyone to tell it to. I want to reach out to them, but I also don't want to make it seem like I don't trust them because I do trust them a lot.

I'm worried that if they do tell their boyfriends about my secret I might just have to only resort to talking to my therapist about my struggles, and I don't want to do that, either.

Please, to anyone who is in a relationship, please answer honestly. I'm not sure what to do, I hate this feeling, and sometimes I get so anxious I can't get out of bed. Please help.

TL;DR I'm anxious and worried that my personal information is being spread to people I don't really know



Submitted January 24, 2023 at 11:25PM by MushroomShop https://ift.tt/Fq5lVi8
Do people tell their friends’ secrets to their partner? Do people tell their friends’ secrets to their partner? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 25, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.