Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My boyfriend (M20) hates my singing and asked me to not sing near him, now music makes me (F19) depressed.

I've always loved music, and it never fails to make me happier. I also love to sing, but I recognize that I am not the best singer, but enjoy doing it anyways. Whenever I had the house to myself I'd always sing, and I want really comfortable singing in front of other people. Recently I've started singing in front of my boyfriend, but he told me that it was annoying and that it physically pained him to listen to me. He set a boundary that I was not allowed to sing anywhere near him, which I have stopped doing. My main problem is that something that used to bring me so much joy just makes me depressed now. Whenever I hear music that I used to love I just feel terrible about myself. What can I do to respect his boundaries but also feel happy? I talked to him about how I feel and how this is affecting me, and he told me I needed to seek therapy.

TLDR: boyfriend hates my singing and now I feel terrible when I hear music



Submitted February 18, 2022 at 01:36AM by theultimatesadness https://ift.tt/PpiFOhH
My boyfriend (M20) hates my singing and asked me to not sing near him, now music makes me (F19) depressed. My boyfriend (M20) hates my singing and asked me to not sing near him, now music makes me (F19) depressed. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 18, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.