Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

GF of over a year dumped me because I took a job offer that was too good to refuse

Hello don’t know where to start. My girlfriend M (24) and me J (26) were a couple for 1 year and 3 months. We often talked about moving abroad, seeing new countries, traveling the world. I told here I wanted to move to a country that is just 1 hour away by flight since I was 19 years old since you can earn way more money in that country. So she knew from my plans since the beginning of ouf relationship.

I got a job offer from a company that is so good that it would be plain stupid not to accept. I make almost triple the amount of money I made before. I didn’t tell my girlfriend right away that I was talking to the company which I now understand was a mistake. I should have included her from the get go.

She was immensely stressed out from her studies so I wanted to be considerate and not stress her out even more by telling her that I was talking to this company even though nothing was certain yet. I wanted to see whether or not the company would actually want to hire me so I can tell her once there was a real option. I did not sign the contract yet and wanted to wait for that after our talk. But I needed to quit my old job since the notice period would be too long otherwise.

We lived together in a new apartment (that was on her name). Her brother didn’t know where to stay so her mother urged her to take him in. I was obviously ok with that, I wanted her to help her family - that’s what you do of course. But then she told me I should move out because the apartment would be too small for her, her brother and me. I was really hurt because we lived 6 months together before that. So I moved out and was now 4 hours away from her by train, because I didn’t find an apartment in the city I lived together with her - she knew I didn’t find anything there so she was obviously ok with me living 4 hours away from her.

I told her in person that there was such a good offer waiting for me and told her we can make it work since the job was limited to just 10 months and her studies would be over in 4 months. She could also move with me or visit me, I would often fly back to her every second weekend and sometimes every weekend. Again the flight is just 1 hour, it takes longer by train from my home country than what it would take by flight from the new country.

So it seemed like she was ok with that, she didn’t tell me anything else.

Fast forward: On my 3. day of being in the new country she called me and broke up with me. Telling me that she was hurt I didn’t include her in that decision.. She told me that the fact I quit was enough to show her I didn’t include her.. I then told her that I would have quit anyways since I eanted to change the hob anyways (because I didn’t learn anything new at this job; I work in It so switching jobs is not hard).

She told me afterwards that if I had told her from this job immediately she would not have broken up with me...I feel like this is toxic from her.

I now feel like I am the bad guy here, all I wanted was to be able to provide for her and give here everything she ever wanted.

Should I feel bad because I moved away or what would you say? I don’t kniw what to make of it. Honestly I know feel like she was just playing with me. To tell your Bf to move out is like a major red flag, I know realise that. She also downloaded a dating app 2 months ago..after I saw it she made excuses, saying she was just looking

tl;dr GF of over a year dumped me because I took a job offer and moved to a different country that was less far away than when I lived in the same country as her.



Submitted February 22, 2022 at 12:42AM by SowSick https://ift.tt/YP8O20d
GF of over a year dumped me because I took a job offer that was too good to refuse GF of over a year dumped me because I took a job offer that was too good to refuse Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 22, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.