Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (22f) am unsure how to handle this message from my abusive ex boyfriend.

My ex used to treat me very badly, beat me until I was concussed or needing go to hospital, turn up at my work to harass me, hack my social media accounts and message people pretending to be me. Everyone was scared of him and I wasn't able to leave him. I only managed to finally because he attacked me in a public place and the police were called.

I was young at the time, in my teens, and he was in his early twenties. It went on for years. I ended up with him because I was trying to escape an abusive home and thought someone who was independent and older would be able to help me.

I was in a dark place at the time, I felt scared constantly, I was physically and mentally exhausted, I was always bruised or injured to some degree because of how violent he was and I had no self confidence at all.

Now I'm in my early twenties, I'm coping okay and don't think about him on a daily basis. I've been lucky enough to have had no contact with him for years and years and I haven't even bumped into him.

After 6 years of no contact, I woke up to a message from him this morning at 7am.

'Hey *****, I know I’m probably the last person you want to hear from but I (possibly very stupidly) felt like I should pop up and say that I’m deeply sorry for the pain I caused you. That young girl should have been treated with nothing but love and respect. Especially by someone that she looked up to as someone that could protect her.

Again sorry for popping up. I just felt I needed to say this. You were an amazing friend and I hope you’re living a wonderful ,happy life 🙂'

I don't know what to say. I don't know if I say it's okay and wish him well or I just ignore it. I want to say it's not okay and I don't forgive and shout at him about all the violent memories I have of nothing but pain and fear. But I simply am not brave enough to send that kind of response and would worry about some kind of repercussion.

Now I can't stop thinking about him and the past and everything that happened. I feel anxious that he is thinking of me. I don't know if he is genuine or its some kind of trick.

I don't know how to respond or what to do going forward.

TLDR; abusive ex reached out after years of no contact and I don't know to respond.



Submitted February 22, 2022 at 04:26AM by tripletrublex https://ift.tt/X0mEg5e
I (22f) am unsure how to handle this message from my abusive ex boyfriend. I (22f) am unsure how to handle this message from my abusive ex boyfriend. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 22, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.