Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Is 8 years too much an age gap for a relationship? (23f/31m)

I am 23f, he is 31m. I have been dating him for 3 months and my parent's don't like the age difference, so I am unsure what to think now.

As for life similarities, we met studying to become teachers and were friends for 3-4 months before dating, he recently left his job of 6 years & I'm about to leave my current job of 6 years in our final year of studying. We have the same values & many similar interests, but also good differences! When I'm with him I'm the happiest I've felt in years and I feel respected and safe, so I'm very happy with how the relationship is going so far.

So is 8 years difference in age that bad in my relationship?

TL;DR: Is 8 years in a good, supportive relationship that bad?

EDIT: Thanks everyone for commenting and posting your opinion. Didn't think I'd get as many comments as I have! It sure is interesting to see the differences that people think about it.
I can't reply all the comments, but just to sum it up:

  1. Yes, we have similar life goals and have talked about kids and similar topics that require the talking about.
  2. I am aware of abusive behaviours and have researched them in accordance to dating an older man. I will keep an eye on the power dynamic and all that jazz (it's good so far, I promise). I came prepared into the relationship.
  3. A lot of people talked about me "missing out" on things due to settling, or not being able to grow as my own person. I find since I started dating him I have grown more social, more open to new experiences and grown as a person. I used to be very withdrawn and didn't like interacting with other people too much, so I definitely have been positively influenced by him!

Have a great Valentine's Day! :]



Submitted February 11, 2022 at 05:29PM by outofwateraxolotl https://ift.tt/FO9AHgo
Is 8 years too much an age gap for a relationship? (23f/31m) Is 8 years too much an age gap for a relationship? (23f/31m) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 12, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.