Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I think my (28F) best friend (28F) of 15 years likes my new boyfriend (28M)

Long story short I've been dating a guy for a month now and we get along very well. Actually it's the first time in my life I'm so into someone, we stick together and I feel safe and loved. We hang out almost every day and I have a great time every time. I'm pretty much starting to fall in love with him and it's been many years since I've felt like this. I click with this guy, it's like we are soulmates. I don’t want to lose him.

The problem started two weeks ago when we went for a drink (me (28F), him (28M), my best friend (28F) and a friend of his (27M). I pinpointed some things she did. I noticed every time she was talking to him she was trying to hide a smile you know like when you like someone and you can't stop smiling so you are trying very hard to not show but it kinda shows. He was very serious though and handled it quite well. That night she started talking about herself a lot too, saying all things she does good and how much money she earns, things she never says. It bugged me but I didn't say anything and tried to let it go.

Last week we went all together again for a beer and I noticed some other things that bugged me. I know her very well so I understand why she does things. She has this thing, every time she wants to get attention from a guy she likes she starts to ‘’fight with him’’, you know tease him just to create some tension. She is doing this 1 year now to a guy we hang out with and he likes her and though I’ve asked her a lot of times if she likes him back (because she always seems to tease him), she always says to me he is not her type and she would never date him or go out with him.

So last time we went for a beer, she started to tease my boyfriend, starting to make a repetitive joke about him. She also made a cringe face every time I was talking to him in a sweet way or he would give me a kiss and my boyfriend and his friend laughed because they found it funny and after a while I wasn’t feeling nice to say anything sweet to him. Also she talked a lot about herself and I thought maybe she liked my boyfriend’s friend so I asked her to which I got a big response of ‘’he’s not my type at all’’. She told me my boyfriend is very handsome though and he resembles her of someone.

Me and her, we are best friends for 15 years now and though she had a relationship to which I was present she never did because my relationships were always at the town where I was studying for university. With her ex-boyfriend, and because I know she was jealous of him, I was trying to behave like a guy so that he doesn’t get my feminine side, he was a pretty chill guy and I was always trying to keep a safe distance with him.

The thing is I don’t feel safe anymore in order to go out all together and my boyfriend told me yesterday to go grab something to eat all together and I told him I don’t want to. She is a great person and is always described as a lady but I don’t like the way she is handling the situation. I also don’t want to tell her anything like in private because I know she will think I’m jealous of her or whatever and she will get the affirmation she wants from this. I don’t know if I should tell my boyfriend anything too because by behaving maybe nice around her she will like I don’t know, take what she wants. Please help.

TL;DR: My best friend seems to be weirdly flirty around my new boyfriend and I don’t know how to address the situation.



Submitted February 18, 2022 at 12:06AM by Lemon_Tart_18 https://ift.tt/iIN5JKg
I think my (28F) best friend (28F) of 15 years likes my new boyfriend (28M) I think my (28F) best friend (28F) of 15 years likes my new boyfriend (28M) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 18, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.