Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

BF didn’t get me anything for my birthday, am I right to be upset?

Tomorrow is my 21st birthday and it’s fairly important to me. Well, earlier today I was hanging out with my bf (20) of 3-years when he casually told me he didn’t get anything for my birthday. I was a little shocked but played it off as a joke initially. However, the longer I thought about it the more upset I became. It wasn’t about the gift itself, but the lack of thought that got to me. If he were to of even written a simple card it would’ve been more than enough. I told him how it made me feel, but he claimed I was acting like a spoilt 10-year-old.

He finds no trouble buying his friends presents, or writing cute birthday messages on their Facebook page. I said this to him, but he told me to stop comparing our relationship to his friends or he’ll “lose it”.

Also, last year he bought me a pair of sunglasses for my 20th. I tried to wear them, but I don’t wear sunglasses that often in all honesty. In response to today he said that there’s no point in buying me something because of this one instance.

I don’t know if I’m overreacting, or if I’m right I’m feeling this way.

TL;DR BF didn’t buy me anything for my birthday, his lack of thought really upset me. Am I overreacting?



Submitted February 23, 2022 at 11:31PM by sunnythebee https://ift.tt/TLJ9FHs
BF didn’t get me anything for my birthday, am I right to be upset? BF didn’t get me anything for my birthday, am I right to be upset? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 24, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.