Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Boyfriend making me chose between him and job?

I [25F] have been with my boyfriend [38M] for 7 years now. We have had a great relationship, we live together and have often spoken about having children and getting married in the near future.

A year ago, I was offered my dream job, something I have always wanted to do and allows me to travel around the world whilst working. Of course I accepted and he seemed pretty happy for me at the time. Unfortunately due to the pandemic, the job was put on hold and for the last year I've been stuck in a dead end, low paying job, just to get by.

A couple of weeks ago, I was reoffered a position in the job that I was offered a year ago. I was so happy about this but it seemed like my boyfriend didn't share the same enthusiasm. Although he didn't outright say he didn't want me to do this job, he's made it pretty obvious. Then, a couple of days ago he told me 'just go and do the job and find another man'.

This was really hurtful to me. Why would I want to find another man? I've always been happy in our relationship. I sense that he wouldn't trust me to be away from him, not that I've ever given him reason not to. The job would require just as much trust on my part as it would his. I don't have an issue with this but clearly he does.

I feel like I'm stuck in a really horrible situation now. I've waited for this dream job for over a year, it will allow me to see the world in ways I probably won't ever get to again. But he is also so important to me and I don't want to lose my relationship with him or throw 7 years down the drain. I've been with him since I was essentially a kid and he is all I've ever known so I'm not sure I could just be without him.

TL;DR! - Boyfriend doesn't want me to do dream job, making me chose between him and job?!



Submitted February 09, 2022 at 12:51AM by DRS2021 https://ift.tt/OnVJ58k
Boyfriend making me chose between him and job? Boyfriend making me chose between him and job? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 09, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.