Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Will I regret it if I walk away?

My boyfriend (24 M) and I (24 F) have been dating for 4 and a half years. We went to high school together but only talked a little in class (I had a crush on him for a bit) and then the summer after our freshman year of college we reconnected and have been dating (first long distance and now in our hometown) ever since. The relationship is great. We have fun together, we are good about checking in regularly and making adjustments so we can be better partners to one another, the sex is great, we are part of each other’s families, we travel well together, and we’ve made it past some big hurdles in the past. My boyfriend checks all the most important boxes. But the thing is, I’m different than I was at 19 and I often feel like I’m missing out on experiences with other people that could be wonderful just for the pure beauty of living life. We have so much stability that I can’t see many things that would separate us aside from a breakup initiated by me. And the thing is, I love him on a different level. Like the thing that makes me saddest about the possibility of breaking up is not getting to be by his side in life anymore. I love this human the way that families love one another; almost the way that a mother loves a child because I’ve been with him through so many formative experiences. I know that sparks go away (and can come back from time to time) in every relationship. I know that loving someone is a choice that you make every day. But if there’s anyone out there who broke up with someone so they could find out what other people might be out there for them, did you regret it in the long run?

TL;DR! to anyone who left a relationship to see if someone even better was out there, did you regret it?



Submitted February 17, 2022 at 07:08PM by Coolio4510 https://ift.tt/XdAsFZY
Will I regret it if I walk away? Will I regret it if I walk away? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 18, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.