Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (24F) brother (21M) is criticizing me for interracial dating and I don't know how to get through to him.

I finished college in 2019 and moved to Memphis soon after for a job in my field. Since then, I've dated a few different men who have all been black, including one I've been seeing for a couple months. I had never dated a black man before moving to Memphis. There are 4 that my family know about, though for 2 of them it's only because of Facebook.

Recently, my brother started criticizing me for it and called me a "coal burner." He told me I need to stop listening to rap and watching basketball, and stop idolizing blacks. I told him I don't do any of those things, but he keeps repeating himself.

He even once asked me how many of the men I've dated here made more money than me. I told him none did and he was like "So you like dating low class losers." I told him I date smart and interesting men, but he wouldn't listen.

Then just today, we had another odd phone conversation about my dating life. He asked me if I care more about looks or money in a man, and I said "I have my own money, so a man's money doesn't do much for me. A good looking guy is...fun for me."

Then he asked me "Do you think blacks look good?"

I said "Some. Most."

He asked "Why do you prefer blacks?"

I said "Um... I'm not sure if I do. I never thought about it."

He said "Four in a row is no coincidence."

I was like "I guess that seems unlikely, but... I don't know. Why do you care?"

Then he said "Your confederate ancestors are rolling in their graves. Does your man know he's dicking down a daughter of Dixie?"

I hung up the phone and ran to the toilet to vomit and I was literally shaking. How can I get through to him? He seems like he's going crazy. How do you reason with someone who thinks like that?

TL;DR! - He seems awfully obsessed with race and my dating life. I'm wondering if he's going crazy.



Submitted February 12, 2022 at 09:04PM by GoodAdditional1356 https://ift.tt/BgKD95w
My (24F) brother (21M) is criticizing me for interracial dating and I don't know how to get through to him. My (24F) brother (21M) is criticizing me for interracial dating and I don't know how to get through to him. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 13, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.