Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Should I set up strong boundaries? Or am I being too sensitive?

I (40f) was hanging out with a friend of mine (38f) since high school. We were hanging out for the first time in months. I was being supportive to her about her recent divorce, her career & her dating life. I was kinda venting about how people sometimes talk down on my profession. I’m a bartender. Some people will ask if I’m going to school (as though it’s not a real job) or will treat it like it’s a low skill job. Well she adds to the mean things people have said to me. Goes off on why people think it’s a lower level job. Apparently because we work late hours, it’s physical labour.. I forget I blocked it out. She basically agreed with what this person recently had said to me. I was honestly really insulted but didn’t know how to respond. I also was talking about how I maybe want to have a baby. I’m aware I’m older. She stops me to tell me it’s not going to happen and maybe I’ll be a step mother one day. Again, so shocked I didn’t know how to respond.

So should I just back off and stop being so supportive of her? Keep our friendship light and not talk about personal info? Do I even bother saying anything? Am I being too sensitive?

Edit: Forgot about the part where she snickered at me when I said my e commerce store isn’t making a lot of income and is more of a side hustle. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Tldr: Friend not being supportive after I just gave her advice and allowed her to vent all night.



Submitted February 17, 2022 at 05:14PM by Black_Sheep_Warrior https://ift.tt/sqISKju
Should I set up strong boundaries? Or am I being too sensitive? Should I set up strong boundaries? Or am I being too sensitive? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 18, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.