Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [16 at the time] cut off a really good friend and girlfriend [15] and shamed her for lying about her whole life. Now I'm realizing I was probably in the wrong. She keeps contacting me and I don't know what to do.

I'll spare the background details. Just trust me when I say we were really good friends at school, she was so passionate about a lot of things and she was very humble despite being rich. she often gave little gifts or snacks from home. was always telling me about her life and this included being so proud of herself and being happy for her father, her father having a really nice car, her having so much fun with brand new game systems and stuff like that. She had this big house with three floors, this big yard, a really nice kitchen, this really big TV with awesome channels, you name it, this girl was rich and stacked.

When we started dating she invited me to her house. It was far from what I imagined. It was smaller than my house, there were two floors and a basement, some rooms had really bad walls and old floor. They had what seemed like a new couch and we sat down for a while. They didn't have cable or anything like that, they had an antenna and Netflix with the laptop plugged into the TV. The TV was pretty big, but at least 10 years old, maybe even 15, definitely no 60 plus plasma or anything like what my family or what high class friend had. they did have the game systems though. She invited me up to her room and it was stacked with some stuff to do but her mattress was on the floor and everything looked secondhand and not in the fashionable way. Then the food she made for everybody at school was really fresh and clean but some things we're a disaster, warm drinks, bread that you had to pick through, you get the picture.

I knew this girl was going through stuff, And was very clingy to the few friends we had, but she didn't have to lie to me like that. I tried talking to her about the fact that I liked her anyway and she could just be herself. Eventually I got sick of many people in general screwing me over, she was doing it to other people. I dumped her and cut her off, after more lies and lies. I can't hold down a friendship like that. I asked her to stop sitting with me at lunch and I dumped her on to my brother at another table. The last time we talked in person was me publicly shaming her in the cafeteria for being a liar and lying about her life and money and everything.


Ever since school ended I've realized.... She had a pretty exotic name and I probably overlooked it because it was around the time where diversity was becoming a big thing and more people had non traditional names. I never put two and two together that maybe the memes she was looking for or things she was reading and writing probably weren't some anime or TV show language, it never really mattered to me because she spoke good English and never spoke anything else to me. When her dad was at clubs bars etc drinking hard alcohol everyday and hanging out with his girlfriend something completely wild. There are so many things that indicate that something was going on and I was completely insensitive. That was her house and those were her things. She never actually said she was rich. She just had a lot of stuff that I underestimated.

She's been trying to contact me over the years to see how I'm doing and to try to see me. I really want to talk to her again because she's the only person who's ever been really funny and really chill and really understanding. And I've always missed her. I have no idea what to say and how I could take back the confusion and humiliation I've put her through.


tl;dr: I cut off my best friend and I shamed her for lying about her whole life including being rich. I'm putting two and two together and realizing that she wasn't lying and there's been a whole mix up. She's been trying to be my friend again and I don't know how to address it



Submitted February 19, 2022 at 01:30AM by yummy0bits https://ift.tt/EvqxHWj
I [16 at the time] cut off a really good friend and girlfriend [15] and shamed her for lying about her whole life. Now I'm realizing I was probably in the wrong. She keeps contacting me and I don't know what to do. I [16 at the time] cut off a really good friend and girlfriend [15] and shamed her for lying about her whole life. Now I'm realizing I was probably in the wrong. She keeps contacting me and I don't know what to do. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 19, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.