Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (25F) don’t know if I should leave my 5 year relationship with my boyfriend (26M)

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 5 years and have had a really loving relationship since. He is a great boyfriend and he makes me feel loved and appreciated but I just don’t know if we have a future together. We want different things in life. I want to live in a warm climate and get married and have kids and have a big yard and lots of animals. He wants a zero responsibility lifestyle. If we get married, he says doesn’t want kids, he never wants to buy a house (just a condo) and doesn’t like animals. We live in upstate New York in his hometown and he never wants to leave this area. I don’t mind living up here, but I grew up on the beach and the winters up here really do affect my depression. I have always wanted to leave here and move south but he will never go. Sometimes I feel like I am giving up my twenties for him. I love him so much and he makes me so happy but I always am afraid I am going to have regrets if I stay. Every time I talk about getting engaged, he shuts down. Tonight we had a really loving moment after a serious talk and I said “I want to spend the rest of my life with you” and he said “that’s a big goal”

On the day to day he reciprocates the same amount of love and energy I give but any mention of the future, he clams up and says “maybe I’ll change my mind one day”

We are both young so I am not in a rush, but the fact that he has a hard time even dreaming about a future with me is really affecting me.

Should I stay in this relationship? Or leave and start a new life in Florida? (Or Cali or hawaii or anywhere hot and by the beach)

TL;DR: Boyfriend and I have a great relationship, marriage material, but we want different things in our future. He wants no responsibility or anything to hold him down, I want to buy a house, get married, have a family and start our future. Am I wasting my twenties waiting for him to change his mind about marriage?



Submitted February 22, 2022 at 07:18PM by After_Mushroom_8247 https://ift.tt/snkOqXA
I (25F) don’t know if I should leave my 5 year relationship with my boyfriend (26M) I (25F) don’t know if I should leave my 5 year relationship with my boyfriend (26M) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 23, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.