Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My[25F] partner [29 M] hates my stepdad and wants my daughter to stop referring to him as grandpa

This is a long story so I will shorten it as much as possible.

5 years ago when I was dating my partner, I lived with my stepdad for a short year. We bumped heads occasionally. And things got worse when I met my partner. He didn’t like that we would meet up and hang out late. I ended up pregnant pretty quickly. There was a lot of drama between my parents and my partner. My stepdad at the time was not very forgiving and accepting of the whole situation. So he said some things that made my partner decide to cut ties with him. That part is fine and I understand, but it caused other problems for us.

5 years later our daughter is here, healthy and happy. She loves all of her family and has no idea about what happened when I was pregnant. The issue is, her dad doesn’t want her calling my stepdad grandpa. I already knew that he didn’t like it, but today he was especially angry for some reason. He came and told me that he doesn’t want her to be calling him that, and it’s to a point where he will break up with me if it continues.

I didn’t say anything, because I was so tired. But I’ve been trying to process this for some hours now. On one hand I understand his negative feelings for my stepdad, but on the other hand I know it would hurt my stepdad and my mom if I tell them that she can not refer to him this way.

It upsets me that my partner has been so unforgiving of the whole situation. Especially since my partner has said worse to me in arguments. But I can not force him to do something he does not want to do.

I am lost and I need help rationalizing this, and possible solutions.

TLDR: Partner hates stepdad and wants me to force my daughter and family to stop allowing her to call him grandpa and refer to him by name only.



Submitted July 01, 2021 at 04:52AM by cookiecuttah https://ift.tt/3AjzWpV
My[25F] partner [29 M] hates my stepdad and wants my daughter to stop referring to him as grandpa My[25F] partner [29 M] hates my stepdad and wants my daughter to stop referring to him as grandpa Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 01, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.