Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (25F) manager (33F) has invited my abusive ex (31M) into her premises, what to do

I have worked an office job for a few years, during the first year I broke up with an abusive partner. TW but he was physically and sexually violent. After we broke up our company was bought out and rebranded and I moved to a different office in the same city, and the new manager went to the office I was originally at (so she did not work with me during the breakup).

My ex then decided to engage our services under the new name but as far as I know has no idea I work for the company, and we have been no contact for years for obvious reasons. I have not heard from him at all and don’t believe he’s tried to contact me, nor do I think he’s engaged with us because he’s figured out I work there.

He has to come and collect something from the office that could easily be put in a secure collection box for him outside, yet my manager has sent him an email asking him to come and collect it from her office in person ie inviting him in. I am very worried this is going to lead to a conversation of ‘what happened to the company that used to be in this building’ (ie the company I was working for when our relationship ended) and that he will then figure out I work for the new company and therefore know where I am. I won’t be there physically when he visits as I’m at a different office but I do not trust my manager at all and I am worried about what might happen during this visit.

My manager has proven herself untrustworthy a long time ago by lying, and often tries to make me look bad or hold me back anyway so I am not at all surprised by this. While I have never told her about how horrible my ex partner was, she is aware that he is my ex partner and I am 90% sure other staff have told her he was abusive, so I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect her to connect the dots that this is a bad idea, especially when the safe deposit box is there for things like this.

What should I do? My gut is to take this above her head to the overall senior person but I don’t want to look like a drama queen, however if this goes wrong it could become quite a serious safety issue for me.

TL;DR manager invited ex (who is a client) into her office to pick something up when it could have been put in a safe deposit box outside for him, worried he will realise I still work for this company



Submitted July 30, 2021 at 07:12AM by Legitimate_Fox4833 https://ift.tt/3laz9md
My (25F) manager (33F) has invited my abusive ex (31M) into her premises, what to do My (25F) manager (33F) has invited my abusive ex (31M) into her premises, what to do Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 30, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.