Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (33F) boyfriend (37M) says he doesn't feel like an equal parent to my (12f) daughter

My boyfriend and I have been living together for the past three years. My daughter is not blood related to him but he does help raise and cares for her. A little backstory: 4 years ago I found the courage and left a physically and emotionally abusive relationship which my daughter was witness to. My daughter and I have been to private therapy and group therapy for over a year at a women's domestic violence shelter for our issues- no men allowed type place. That group we were a part of invited my daughter to a week long summer sleep away camp with other children from her group that have been in the same situation she was in. This brings us to present day. The group had a meeting with parental figures and the campers to review packing lists and what to expect at camp while also filling out medical forms. My boyfriend insisted on coming along. He said the email I recieved said "all legal guardians and parents to attend" - I sent him the screen shot of the reminder meeting. So, the three of us went to the meeting at the women's only domestic violence shelter, listened to all that's to be expected while at camp and filled out the required medical forms and we came home. No big deal and we're excited for this opportunity for my daughter. My boyfriend just came to me and said that he doesn't feel like an equal parent to my daughter because he feels that I hid those forms from him and he had no idea what was on them. I tried to explain that they are just standard medical forms asking about allergies and medical history, doctor's name and number, and if they have permission to treat her if she gets injured at camp. He says it's a very big deal to him that he should have gotten to read those forms and he started crying. He insists that I didn't treat him as an equal parent in that moment. I'm so confused!! We're not married. He hasn't adopted her. In the eyes of the law, he has no say on anything but I completely respect his input and advice on everything that has to do with her! We talk all the time together on what's best for my daughte. But because of this medical form thing, he says he doesn't feel equal?! I don't know what to say or think right now to him. I don't know how to understand what he means when we already talk about everything that has to do with her. I take her to all of her appointments and fill out forms and have been since she was born! This isn't any different to me but it's a big deal to him. How can I understand where he's coming from?

TL;DR my boyfriend days he doesn't feel like an equal parent because I filled out my daughter's medical forms for a sleep away camp without letting him read them first.



Submitted July 29, 2021 at 07:15PM by powbamninja https://ift.tt/3ieDpiy
My (33F) boyfriend (37M) says he doesn't feel like an equal parent to my (12f) daughter My (33F) boyfriend (37M) says he doesn't feel like an equal parent to my (12f) daughter Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 30, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.