Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [32/M] Girlfriend [29/F] expects me to pay more because "I'm the man" and I make more. I am racking up large bills every month. Need advice.

Since I've met her she's stated that I have to pay more because I make more, and that I should anyways because "I'm the man", and that she "wants a man, not a boy"

I make $115k a year and she makes around $39k a year.

Right now the split is about 80/20 or 75/25, with me paying the bigger half.

Ever since I started dating her, my expenses have basically tripled. I am racking up $2000-3000 credit card bills every month.

I buy food for us to cook multiple times a week, and then we also go out to eat a handful of times a month (although lately it's been more).

Whenever we go on vacation, I pay for all meals, but she'll buy her own plane ticket.

In the beginning I tried to be nice and buy extra food for her mom who works late nights, but now it seems to have gotten to be an expectation and I'm buying food for 3 people whenever I pick up dinner when we hang out.

When I told my mom this, she got upset and feels I may be being taken advantage of. My therapist also questions why I have to pay for her mother when it's not my responsibility.

I've had conversations with my girlfriend before where she alluded to wanting the husband to provide while she took care of the kids, or only paying around $600 a month for expenses while I paid the rest if we ever moved in together.

I don't want all of that financial pressure and stress on me.

Need advice.

TL;DR Girlfriend expects me to pay more because "I'm the man" and I make more. Split is currently 80/20 roughly and I'm racking up large bills. Need advice.



Submitted July 30, 2021 at 04:02AM by ThrowRA_MoneyQ01 https://ift.tt/3xdrGoS
My [32/M] Girlfriend [29/F] expects me to pay more because "I'm the man" and I make more. I am racking up large bills every month. Need advice. My [32/M] Girlfriend [29/F] expects me to pay more because "I'm the man" and I make more. I am racking up large bills every month. Need advice. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 30, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.