Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I'm Chinese, my GF keeps saying "ni hao" whenever she sees something Chinese, I feel bothered by it but I don't know if I'm oversensitive, looking for opinions

Whenever she sees something related to China/Chinese, she will recite a certain meme (I can't post a link but google "ni hao ma xie xie wo ai ni" it will be the first result. Basically just the 3 same phrases: ni hao ma (hello), xie xie (thank you), wo ai ni (I love you) and then she'd laugh at herself because it's funny to her. At first it was cute but now it bothers me. I feel like it's almost the equivalent of slanting your eyes with your fingers when you see an Asian. I don't want to bring it up because I don't know if I'm just being *that guy*, so I just try to subtly get her to stop by saying things like "why do you keep saying that?" to let her know I'm not amused but it hasn't worked. Basically I'm looking for opinions to see if I'm being overly sensitive or is it something that needs to be talked about? I also feel like there's no point talking about it since I know she'll just deny it and say "oh sorry i didn't mean it like that"

TLDR; gf keeps reciting a meme speaking Chinese whenever she sees something Chinese, I feel bothered by it because I feel she's mocking the language but don't know if I'm overly sensitive.



Submitted July 30, 2021 at 09:20PM by whack_overflow https://ift.tt/3C9OjOL
I'm Chinese, my GF keeps saying "ni hao" whenever she sees something Chinese, I feel bothered by it but I don't know if I'm oversensitive, looking for opinions I'm Chinese, my GF keeps saying "ni hao" whenever she sees something Chinese, I feel bothered by it but I don't know if I'm oversensitive, looking for opinions Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 31, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.