Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My[20F] close friend(20F) is getting married and wants me to straighten my hair, I don’t want to.

Edit; She has essentially given me an ultimatum. I can straighten my hair and be part of the wedding and it’s after party, or not, and not be in any photos.

I know it sounds petty, but I’ll add some detail.

I’m a black woman and wear my hair natural, my hair is very prone to dryness and breaking due to its naturally coily shape. I have not put heat in my hair for > 3 years because of this. When I was younger, I straightened my hair often and ended up having to cut all of it off from the damage. On top of this, my hair is my pride. It is not messy or smelly, it’s just kinky and short, natural color and all. I take very good care of my hair so it’s not that I’m poorly groomed.

That being said, my friend is having a very classic catholic wedding. I don’t know if she’s asked anyone else to change their hair, but I know with certainty I’ll be the only black woman there. I’m totally fine with that, but I feel targeted if no one else is being asked to straighten their hair.

Is this a time to set boundaries? Do I suck it up? Not sure where to go. It is her wedding and I understand, but I’m not keen on straightening my hair and resetting years of progress over a wedding.

Tldr; I have kinky coily natural hair and my friend wants me to straighten it for her wedding. My hair is prone to breaking and I’ve previously suffered large amounts of hairloss. What do I do?



Submitted July 27, 2021 at 11:19PM by hahahakdha https://ift.tt/2V17mKf
My[20F] close friend(20F) is getting married and wants me to straighten my hair, I don’t want to. My[20F] close friend(20F) is getting married and wants me to straighten my hair, I don’t want to. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 28, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.