Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My Boyfriend (23M) says he just will do what he wants

Hi everyone,

To put this in more context, my boyfriend and I have recently started arguing about this. I (22F) like spending time with my boyfriend, although we live together, I still like coming home from work and wanting to watch tv and cook dinner with him. Sometimes, more like most of the time, my bf comes home, and just sits on his computer and plays COD. When i ask him to watch something with me for a little he just says " I havent played in a while, I can do what I want". We also had a convo about how he feels I guilt trip him into things, although if I do this I am unaware, and its not intentional. I apologize even though i feel like i really do not do that. My boyfriend says we need to let each other be our own people, and not tell each other what to do. He said we can give advice, but 9 times out of 10 he wont take my advice because he is stubborn. He said He can make his own decisions, and that he should not have to include me in his decision making ( Small stuff). A relationship is a "We" thing not an "I" thing. I also have anxiety so i sometimes find it hard to make decisions and I overthink when we have conversations like this. I need alot of reassurance sometimes, and he gets frustrated when he keeps having to repeat himself, I made an example as to saying "so, if I was drunk, you would just let me go driving because I DECIDED for myself that I wanted to drive". He said if thats what you want to do, then changed it to no i would not let you. He feels like I am trying to control him when I am not, there is a balance to everything, and sometimes I feel he can not find that balance. He will never take my advice, and when i ask him for advice, he just says do what you think is best/what you want. I will add we moved to a state where we have no friends on family, and that could be taking its toll on us as well. We are moving back to our home state next month. Its really annoying, as I said I overthink and have anxiety. I just need help rationalizing this and would like someone else's perspective.

TL;DR- Boyfriend does not take advice and just does what he wants



Submitted July 29, 2021 at 12:37PM by BE0509 https://ift.tt/3796Qw7
My Boyfriend (23M) says he just will do what he wants My Boyfriend (23M) says he just will do what he wants Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 30, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.