Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (28m) with my girlfriend (25f). She has no hobbies and minimal social life and gets upset when I dare spend time doing anything that doesn't involve her.

So I've been with my girlfriend (we will call her Alice) for 5 years now. Living together for 3. We get along well except for one issue that has started irritating me more and more, and is starting to reach a boiling point. My girlfriend doesn't have much in the way of hobbies and entertainment. She has a few things she enjoys doing, like watching youtube videos. But that is often short lived. She has friends, but is very unwilling to go spend time with them outside of the regular weekend outing.

My girlfriend seemingly expects me to keep her entertained at all times. When we are both home, the expectation is I'm sitting on the couch with her - bored as well. If I get up to go play a game or do something in another room, she says "where you going?" and generally pouts and gets upset if I don't want to sit on the couch and veg with her. If I even try to make plans on a weekend night where she herself doesn't have plans, it will often turn into an issue where she is angry at me because in her own words "what am I supposed to do?".

I am of the opinion that we spend enough time together, on weekends we usually go on at least one major outing, and have a good time with her/my friends. We eat dinner together almost every night. We go to stores together. I spend the last hour before she goes to bed with her. I lay with her at night for 15-20 mins while she falls asleep before I get up to go do my own thing. Etc.

I play D&D in two campaigns. One every Monday for a few hours at night - and another every other Friday for two hours. D&D has become a point of contention between us - with her openly admitting she hates it and she doesn't like that it occupies my time and wishes that I'd stop doing it. It's worse because she knows I do it - and I give her reminders a few days before so she can be ready for me to be busy - but lo and behold its Friday and she "forgot" and is now upset because she had the day off and is bored and thought I'd be there to entertain her.

One part in particular that irritates me, she has plans with her friends all night tomorrow - she is busy on Sunday as well. However, when I express that it's a double standard that I can't have two hours gaming with friends tonight, but she can freely make plans when she wants. Her response? "You like being alone and you can stay busy - I can't"

She also gets upset when I come home tired from work - and says it's my fault for staying up late all the time. Which - I only do because I simply don't get any time to myself when shes awake.

What do I do? I'm sick of her expecting me to be her personal entertainer - and she gets upset when I tell her she needs to find ways to occupy her dead time.

If I'm being an asshole here, feel free to slap me back to reality - but I really don't think I am.

tl;dr girlfriend has minimal hobbies and relies on me for all her entertainment and fulfillment. It's driving me crazy.



Submitted July 30, 2021 at 03:41PM by SOSovereign https://ift.tt/3zSPeB2
I (28m) with my girlfriend (25f). She has no hobbies and minimal social life and gets upset when I dare spend time doing anything that doesn't involve her. I (28m) with my girlfriend (25f). She has no hobbies and minimal social life and gets upset when I dare spend time doing anything that doesn't involve her. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 31, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.