Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Parents (63M, 61F) are broke, mom is oblivious, dad asking for $$$

So essentially my dad has always had iffy employment. Right now he’s doing work thats commission and apparently it’s not enough. My mom has had the same job forever and makes maybe $12/hr.

My dad just asked my brother (32M) for $5,000 to cover rent the next couple months. We are in the Midwest so this is a pretty significant amount. My brother could technically give them the money but my dad will never repay and is giving no sign of finding more work or looking to downsize. My dad has taken money from us before (going as far to take up to $1000 from my little brothers account without asking). My older brother is considering buying a house and having them pay rent but this is a risky choice for him.

My mother is a crazy anxious person who is also highly materialistic. She’s going to freak the fuck out when she finds out they have no money. But this has happened many times before and she refuses to ever get involved in finances or even learn the bank account password. She’s going to be super hesitant to move somewhere cheaper and have crazy high standards for wherever it is.

On top of this she’s going to start hounding my dad and I worry a lot about how it will affect his mental health.

My siblings have volunteered me (23F) to be the one who breaks the news to her. Has anyone dealt with someone like her and knows how to best approach this? Or have dealt with financially unstable parents and have tips?

Thank you. I’m fucking stressed

Tl;dr Need advice for how to deal with financially insecure parents asking for money. Also how to rationally talk to someone who is emotionally volatile and won’t face the reality of their finances



Submitted July 27, 2021 at 09:40PM by madmelon_ https://ift.tt/3rGAhPq
Parents (63M, 61F) are broke, mom is oblivious, dad asking for $$$ Parents (63M, 61F) are broke, mom is oblivious, dad asking for $$$ Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 28, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.