Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My boyfriend (25M) photoshops my (24F) appearance in pictures that he posts of us on Instagram.

My boyfriend (of 2 1/2 years) and I went to an event last weekend and we took some pictures. I don't really use social media, so I'm not big on picture posting like that, but he likes posting here & there. He sent me the picture he wanted to post of us to see if I would be okay with it. Mind you, I've seen the original picture already (which I didn't really like because when the pictures were being taken my feet were in a lot of pain from heels so I wasn't posing how I would've liked to). The one he sent was clearly edited. He edited my skin, slimmed my stomach, and even made my lips bigger. I was really hurt by this. I asked him about it, and he apologized and just said that since I didn't like the original photos, he thought if he edited it, that I would like them better. I didn't understand this because, why edit those specific things? Are those parts of me you want to change? Because I didn't ask for that nor did he ask me if he could do that. I understand editing to an extent, especially with lighting and skin texture--but to edit my face and body? I feel like that's going too far and fuels my insecurity.

I just feel really uncomfortable because now I'm wondering if he wants to change the way that I look. He swears up and down that he thinks I'm the most beautiful girl and that the editing was a stupid mistake. The issue is this isn't the first time he's done this. The last time, he edited my butt to look bigger (which naturally already is big) and I told him how that made me feel and he said he wouldn't do it again. I feel like he's putting me in competition with some unrealistic version of myself and it's messing with my self-image, and my confidence in the relationship. I don't want to develop some kind of body dysmorphia where I can't find my unedited self beautiful, which would lead down a whole path of destructiveness. He also has a history of comparing me to other women (Instagram model types/perfect bodies) and sometimes I wonder if he wants me to look more like them. I just don't know if I'm overreacting or if I should be looking at this like a major red flag, and if me feeling this hurt is valid.. because even though him & I have talked about it and he's apologized profusely, I still feel really down about it. Any advice or thoughts would help. Thank you!

---

TL;DR; : My boyfriend photoshops my appearance in pictures he posts of us on Instagram and it's damaging my self-esteem.



Submitted July 29, 2021 at 02:13PM by SweetestElixir https://ift.tt/3BYdDXz
My boyfriend (25M) photoshops my (24F) appearance in pictures that he posts of us on Instagram. My boyfriend (25M) photoshops my (24F) appearance in pictures that he posts of us on Instagram. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 30, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.