Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Boyfriend (22m) gets upset with me (21f) for winning video games

My boyfriend (22m) and I (21f) are both in college and he recently bought a switch so we could play Super Smash Bros together. I've been playing since I was young, so I have more experience than him. He was really bad at first but he practiced a lot, and is a lot better now. But he still can't beat me, and this makes him really upset. He doesn't yell or get violent, but he'll just give up the game by suiciding his last stock. He'll get obviously very irritated and make side comments such as "you're spamming this move, your character is way stronger", and excuses as to why he is losing. He'll verbally voice his frustrations, heave disappointed sighs, and make me feel so uncomfortable.

My boyfriend won't accept any compliments or advice I give him. It's very discouraging to play with him and he doesn't want me to go easy. It scares me a little because my ex was like this and I get so uncomfortable when he gets upset at losing because I'm not sure what to say or do. This game is no longer fun for me, and I've voiced this to him. He feels bad and has apologized for his behavior but it's just so unattractive and it hurts when he gets angry because it feels like he's angry at me. Should we stop playing this game altogether? To me, it's just a game but to him I guess it's more than that. He's usually very kind and patient but when it comes to games, he acts so childish and it makes me not want to play with him. This is my first reddit post, apologies if it's off.

Tldr: boyfriend doesn't like when I beat him in video games and gets upset with me for winning. Makes me feel really uncomfortable with his passive aggressive comments and behaviors.



Submitted July 28, 2021 at 10:55PM by anonymous01911 https://ift.tt/2TMqw64
Boyfriend (22m) gets upset with me (21f) for winning video games Boyfriend (22m) gets upset with me (21f) for winning video games Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 29, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.