Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I (34M) learn to stop comparing my wife (34F) against other women?

My wife and I have been together for nine years and married for two. During my childhood I internalized some pretty unfortunate values including the idea that someone's worth is closely tied to their physical attractiveness. I know in my rational mind that this is a ridiculous belief, but it still informs the way I react to situations, and I'm constantly comparing my wife to other women we know or meet. If there's someone way more attractive around, it elicits feelings of failure and depression in me. I know that these feelings are pointless and destructive, but the behavior feels so automatic and subconscious that I don't know how to keep myself from doing it. I feel like I need to deprogram myself at some deep level.

tl;dr - How do I train myself to stop making unhealthy comparisons?



Submitted July 30, 2021 at 02:30PM by drowsy_apricot https://ift.tt/3j9N6Ou
How do I (34M) learn to stop comparing my wife (34F) against other women? How do I (34M) learn to stop comparing my wife (34F) against other women? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 31, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.