Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I(22f) can't bring myself to forget and forgive things my spouse(29m) has said during a fight.

(Edited)

me(22F) and my husband(29M) got married eight months ago after dating for one and half year. So , two days ago when I got back from work my husband was already home and had prepared dinner. We were perfectly fine and were busy eating when he casually mentioned that if I had gotten home early and before him , I would never prepare dinner .

The truth is I probably won't , but the way he said it I felt insulted. I am a terrible cook. I have really bad fear of fire , stoves , hot kitchen appliances and anything that can burn . I never cook without someone's help.I avoid eating and sometimes only have drinks for lunch and breakfast because I fear going near stove. And he knows this .He also knows that I am trying to overcome this phobia to cook for him . I felt really offended because he knew this from very start and an angrument started .In no time it escalated and now we were pointing out flaws in each other however, I did my best to keep my cool. I avoided saying anything too hurtful.

But he had no filter for his words and honestly I was beyond surprised because he is an incredibly good partner and human and I never thought that he could go to such lengths during a petty fight.

He called me a brat and told me that my parents failed at raising me right. He was well aware that I went to therapy in my early teens to improve my behaviour and for anger control. I had put efforts for years to better myself so I don't get to hear these words again but I felt broken when person who knew me best threw these words on me. He went on and called our marriage a mistake. He said that he wished he had married someone of his age instead of someone fresh out the college .

He himself had countless times assured me that seven years age gap won't ever effect our relationship . But I was very wrong. After that I had no more words in my defence, I just did not know what to say. I felt as if our relationship was over because the man who claimed to love me several minutes ago was regretting our marriage . I don't know when I started crying , but I remember that he started apologising almost immediately. He was trying to explain but I don't clearly remember any of that. All I remember is that it hurt alot. Maybe it should not but I am really not used to of this.

So I clamly asked for space and left his house. I went to my old apartment ( my parents bought it for me when I moved to this city for college.) and have been staying here for two days. Next day he came to see me and apologised really sincerely but I honestly did not want to hear that so I politely asked him to leave. He called me countless times and I did not answer however , I told him to give me space and time over a text.

I want to but I just can not forgive him for saying those words. I can not forget the fact that he regrets marrying me because I am younger than him. I really love him but I don't see myself getting over this fight . Do you think I am overeacting? have you experienced anything familiar if so , how did you deal with it?

tl;dr : Husband called me a brat and said that he regrets our marriage because I am too young for him.



Submitted July 30, 2021 at 02:27PM by Annaaa222 https://ift.tt/3ifmkoQ
I(22f) can't bring myself to forget and forgive things my spouse(29m) has said during a fight. I(22f) can't bring myself to forget and forgive things my spouse(29m) has said during a fight. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 31, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.