Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Living with unemployed boyfriend (26m) what should I (24f) do when our lease is up?

My boyfriend has been unemployed for almost 2 yrs. We have been together 7 yrs and have lived together almost 5 yrs. Financially it has not impacted us too negatively as he was able to use his savings for his portion of the bills. However, him not working has put a strain on the relationship as I've become resentful that he is home all day while I work a full time night shift job. He also has had issues with depression and ocd which have resulted in our apartment being constantly messy. He is going to therapy and taking medication for depression. I have told him that he has to work if he wants to continue living together. Our lease ends in September and I recently decided that I will not renew the lease with him since he is not working or taking care of our place. I still want to stay together but I am worried that if he goes and lives with his parents and I live on my own the relationship will change or fall apart. We have a good relationship besides the obvious issues and I hate the idea of not living with him. But whenever I tell him that if he doesn't get it together I will have to move out he doesn't do anything or become motivated to work on things. I have offered to help him in any way to make things work. I will take any suggestions or advice on what to do. Thank you

TLDR: bf has been unemployed for 2 yrs & is struggling with depression. Our lease ends soon & I feel like it may be best to live on my own if he doesn't find work but I don't want to hurt the relationship & hate the idea of not living with him. What should I do?



Submitted July 27, 2021 at 06:32AM by Throwaway-6745 https://ift.tt/2UOKWfg
Living with unemployed boyfriend (26m) what should I (24f) do when our lease is up? Living with unemployed boyfriend (26m) what should I (24f) do when our lease is up? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 27, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.