Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Boyfriend (M38) super neurotic about corona, and at times guilt blames me (F28)

We have been together for a little over a year. We live in Northern Europe, and the corona situation over here is still worrying but not chaotic. We don't have lockdown or anything.

My boyfriend (M38) is quite neurotic about corona virus. He rarely leaves the house (except for "good reasons") and is regularly washing his body and hands, in order to avoid infection.

I've tried to show him support and cut down most of the "unnecessary" stuff I used to do. This summer, I didn't go to work (only partly because of corona but still), I didn't go to gym, I didn't go to parties (except for one), I didn't go to bar etc. Practically, I spent almost all of my days alone at home or with my boyfriend in his apartment.

I've been forced to use the bus a bit because I don't own my own a car or a bike, and in order to visit my boyfriend I need to use smth type of vehicle, unless I have time for a one hour walk. He rarely visits me because he has a better place for hangouts.

Also, I have skipped the meetings with my mum and sister for 1,5 years until I finally visited them this summer. I felt that my boyfriend wasn't happy about it but he didn't get angry either.

However, he keeps nagging me about little stuff. He doesn't like the fact that I use the bus and refuses to be close to me until I clean up myself properly after a bus drive. Sometimes he might even shout or make a "nauseous face" if I touch him with "a dirty, toxic hand".

If I say that I will have a walk with a friend (the only friend I visit anymore), I can see that he is not overtly happy about it. In the winter, he would even get mad for me for going outside in the first place.

At the same time, he has his judo practices regularly twice a week with a group of four people who (according to him) have been travelling in the summer. He also took part in a family party that hosted around 10 people (who came from various places in our country).

According to him, these are "calculated risks". But sometimes it seems that everything I do is sheer stupidity.

What I can do in this situation? I know that my boyfriend is probably just scared but I'm tired of being the scapegoat of this situation.

TL;DR Boyfriend is super neurotic about the corona virus situation and is visible unhappy if I do smth outside of the apartment. He doesn't like my bus drives either (although it is almost necessary if I want to meet him) and will sometimes show his disgust if I touch him "with dirty hands". At the same time, he has a judo practice regularly and has even attended a few parties.



Submitted July 27, 2021 at 02:26AM by RoseDitchedHim https://ift.tt/2UTrFJu
Boyfriend (M38) super neurotic about corona, and at times guilt blames me (F28) Boyfriend (M38) super neurotic about corona, and at times guilt blames me (F28) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 27, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.