Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (29M) wife (28F) and my parents (56M and 55F) are disagreeing on a portion of our wedding reception.

To be clear, we are legally married, but COVID pushed our ceremony/reception to this year.

My grandmother (my mom’s mom) will be turning 90 on our new ceremony day. My family is asking us to tell the DJ to give her a shoutout and have us all sing happy birthday to her.

My wife would rather not, because the day should be about us, and we’ve already postponed our day once.

I’m kind of torn on this and I don’t know which way to go. I don’t want to upset my wife but I also don’t want to disappoint my grandma or anyone on that side of the family. It seems like a silly thing but we are stuck on this point.

Thanks in advance.

TLDR: my wife and my parents disagree on whether to give grandma a birthday shoutout.

EDIT: just a few notes. Wife and I have been together/dating for 3.5 years at this point, married last august. The original wedding date was Oct 17 2020 and we (wife and I) mutually agreed to reschedule to Oct 9 2021 based on what was available at the venue.

We have also accommodated my family by inviting just about everyone my parents asked to add. This might not seem like much on surface level, but my family is massive in comparison to hers and makes up about 50% of the guest list.



Submitted July 01, 2021 at 08:31AM by ddave0822 https://ift.tt/3qDwwtE
My (29M) wife (28F) and my parents (56M and 55F) are disagreeing on a portion of our wedding reception. My (29M) wife (28F) and my parents (56M and 55F) are disagreeing on a portion of our wedding reception. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 01, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.