Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I (26F) politely tell my former coworker (21F) that I’m not interested in being friends with her anymore since she quit?

So, long story short, I work at a fast-casual restaurant chain as a cashier, and I’ve been working there about a month. When I returned from vacation this week and went into work today, I found out from my boss that three of my co-workers had just walked out and quit on separate days (one called in sick and then quit over text later, one walked out and quit over text later, and one just walked out and never went back). All three of these people I knew were disgruntled with their jobs and felt that they weren’t getting treated fairly/not paid enough/and too much was asked of them, although in my experience I did the same jobs they did and never felt that way. Granted, I am one of the oldest adults on the job at 26, and these are all younger adults (around 20-21), and I think their idea of what a “real job” is may be a bit skewed. Anyway, the girl who just walked out and never went back, we’ll call her B, she quit by telling management she was going to the bathroom and then just walked out, and I was closest with her. I mean, even though we didn’t see eye to eye on how much she didn’t like her job or management, we generally got along well and bonded over liking to work out and music tastes.

Anyway, my concern now is that I’m pretty sure she still wants to be friends with me even after she quit and left basically me and all the rest of our co-workers in a severe lurch (we literally ran the entire restaurant today with just three out of seven employees and an assistant manager), and I’m really wanting to tell her that I’m not comfortable with that seeing as she’s basically given the finger to everyone she works with by just up and quitting. However, I don’t want to be rude about what I say.

Can anyone suggest a firm but polite way I can explain to this girl that I’m not cool with remaining friends with her and hanging out after what she did?

TLDR: An former co-worker of mine still wants to be friends with me after she quit in the middle of her shift last week and basically left all the other employees (including me) in a lurch and down to barely enough people to run the restaurant. How do I politely tell her I don’t feel comfortable being friends with her after what she did?

UPDATE: Thank you everyone for your comments, both good and bad. You’re really made me take a look at myself and analyze my own investment in my job, as well as how I may be judging others. I appreciate everyone’s input and advice!



Submitted July 01, 2021 at 06:49PM by girlfromthenorthco https://ift.tt/2USsaD8
How do I (26F) politely tell my former coworker (21F) that I’m not interested in being friends with her anymore since she quit? How do I (26F) politely tell my former coworker (21F) that I’m not interested in being friends with her anymore since she quit? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 02, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.