Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Received apology from Ex 5 months after breakup

Ex (34F) ended short but intense relationship with me (34M) due to her being emotionally unavailable back in January. She really enjoyed what we had and said she genuinely wanted to be friends after the breakup. It was amicable and we both tried to give each other space. We attend a fitness class together and prior to my state’s lockdown so we had to see each other daily but remained cordial throughout. A few months into the lockdown I receive a “Hey, how are you doing” text. Chalked it up to her being bored during the lockdown and kept it short. We continued to have sporadically communication (a few mixed signals from her) throughout the lockdown but nothing substantial.

Recently our lockdown ended and a mutual friend group had happy hour at a green space at an apartment complex (we all observed social distancing throughout). We talked normally and at the end of the night she would always interject into any conversation I was having. For all intents and purposes I’ve moved on so it wasn’t a big deal and we had normal good conversations. Once I get home, I get a text from her apologizing for how everything went down when she ended things (was amicable so not sure what she was referencing). She thought she was ready to let someone in emotionally when we were together but she really wasn’t and didn’t want the relationship to build and end up hurting me more. She said she always had fun hanging out with me and hoped I knew that. Basically repeating what she said at the breakup.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before with regards to an apology like this? She’s an amazing woman but I just don’t know how to respond to her. What’s the point of her apologizing again? She’s an amazing woman and I wouldn’t mind trying again if she’s emotionally available but I’m wary. I don’t believe there’s a need for an apology from her and also it’s been over 5 months since things ended between us.

Sorry for the long post but any insight would be great!

TL; DR Ex amicably ended relationship due to emotionally unavailability. 5 months later after seeing each other in person at a happy hour she apologizes via text explaining herself again while hoping I knew that she always liked hanging out with me.



Submitted June 21, 2020 at 07:06AM by majinvegeta86 https://ift.tt/3fLA6eA
Received apology from Ex 5 months after breakup Received apology from Ex 5 months after breakup Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 21, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.