The title basically sums it up, but let's call my niece "Ella". Ella is 13 and been living with my sister and her husband for seven years. Ella's Bio mother was a meth addict that sold her daughter for drugs when Ella was a child. It has scarred Ella, but she is a fantastic soul, and I love her so much.
Ella does all the cleaning, no tv, no games. Nothing except chores and cater to my sister's bio children. I had to couch surf a few years back and would cry myself to sleep because of the way they treat Ella. She told me that she wished I was her mother and could adopt her, and it broke my heart. I even still have a birthday card she made me in secret telling me that she loves me and I was the best aunt she could ever hope for.
Now before anybody says well tell Ella's father, he is worse than my sister. He has beaten Ella, and I was grown up with buttwhoopings, so when I say beat I mean more than just a spanking, he would use full strength behind the belt and even gave Ella an "exorcism" because Ella forgot to do a chore. Ella went along and told him that he got rid of the "demon".
I have always tried to get Ella, not full custody because I am not in the place to take in a teenager, but get her for a few nights to get her away. My sister always told me she was grounded. Until today when I showed up there and told my sister I needed help remodeling (I don't) after my sis figured that Ella would be working, she allowed me to.
On the way home, I told Ella the truth and asked her not to say to her parents that she was not working or they won't allow her over anymore. We both made a deal.
I love my sister, but I am so ashamed of her and the way they treat Ella. I have to put on a fake smile just to see her. My dad, me, and my other sister all agree and try to tell her that it is wrong, but nothing changes.
I don't know what to do anymore. Her husband doesn't work (haven't for eight years) and won't help her with kids either; she won't listen to anybody when we tell her that she needs to leave him.
And also, CPS has been called numerous times, but Ella has a mental health record (due to traumatizing events), so they just tell caseworker that she is a liar.
TL;DR My Niece is living the wrong fairytale
Submitted June 20, 2020 at 04:48PM by ezmayalice https://ift.tt/2YX8soj


No comments:
Post a Comment