Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (26M) fiance (25F) planned our wedding by herself

My fiance and I have been together just shy of two years and are getting married in about a month. I've had very little involvement in our wedding plans, it feels like I'm a guest who is just attending. When we started planning this a few months ago (not a big wedding but still a formal event) my idea of planning was us sitting at the table with a notebook and a computer, making a task list, making calls together, and it would be this project we did together. But instead it seems like every so often we would talk and she would have done another thing, talked to another person and set up another event, and eventually there was nothing for me to do? And now that there's only a few last minute tasks that I'm trying to help with or take over so she isn't doing so much, she doesn't want me to, because she's already got all of the contact information and plans in her mind, and she wants to do it herself.

She's done nothing wrong of course, and I'm not mad at all! She took the initiative and took things upon herself: her being such a go getter is one of her best qualities. But I feel like this is one of those things where I shouldn't have had to determine my level of involvement, we should have just been talking and running ideas past each other the whole time. I don't know if I have a right to feel as sad as I do, maybe I should have took initiative as well and just reported in, I don't know? I feel edged out of this experience and don't know if I have any right to feel bad, you know? Because I didn't do anything. I'm trying to not sound like a lazy person in this, I really wanted to have this experience together with her, but maybe our idea of accomplishing a project is just much different.

tldr; fiance planned our wedding by herself, I thought I would have more involvement than I've had, do I have a right to be sad? Or should I just do better taking charge in the future?



Submitted December 04, 2019 at 01:35AM by OptimalFollicle https://ift.tt/2LmpEh2
My (26M) fiance (25F) planned our wedding by herself My (26M) fiance (25F) planned our wedding by herself Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 04, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.