Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [24M] friends [23-26] don't seem to understand that I don't want to go out drinking if I work the next day.

Title basically says it all. I have a group of friends who I met back in high-school. We're all really close and get along quite well. They seem to take pride in going out drinking and staying up late when they work early the next morning. I'm quite the opposite - I'm a nurse and need to be fully attentive during my job. If I work the next day I'm usually in bed by 11 at the absolute latest.

Lately I've been getting flack for not wanting to go out on weekends that I work. I usually work one weekend a month, however we're short-staffed so I've been working every-other weekend and not seeing my friends very often. Weekends off I love going out, hitting up pubs / parties, meeting new people but they seem to be getting increasingly annoyed when I stay in on weekends I work. Today, for example, I ran into a friend when I was running errands after work. She asked why I didn't go out lastnight and I told her that I worked early today. Her reply was "So? I worked at 730 this morning and I was out until 330 lastnight!" as if it were some sort of achievement.

TL;DR: Starting to feel like I'm growing apart from my friends. Am I being silly?



Submitted September 01, 2018 at 04:35PM by TheyDontGetIt7 https://ift.tt/2wu9hYj
My [24M] friends [23-26] don't seem to understand that I don't want to go out drinking if I work the next day. My [24M] friends [23-26] don't seem to understand that I don't want to go out drinking if I work the next day. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 01, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.