Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [M/19] was adopted as a child and sought out my biological family last year, I have become close with my bio brother [M/26], my brother [M/23] found out and is very upset, how do I fix this?

I was adopted very young, I consider my adoptive family to be my family, both my mom and dad are dead so it’s just me, my older brother and my younger sister. Last year after my mom died I decided to start to look for my biological family, I found my biological brother and he told me that my biological mom was in prison and nobody knows where our dad is. He and I have become close,, but I haven’t told my brother or sister until recently, I told them yesterday that I have been driving up to Massachusetts to see him for some time and that he is coming down to NYC for my birthday next week. My sister understands but my brother who I love and respect a lot freaked out, accused me of betraying HIS mother and father and tried to fight me, my sister jumped in between when he went to hit me and he wound up hitting her by accident, when I saw her hurt I punched him and told him that he had to leave my apartment. I’m really hurt by all of this, I don’t want to betray him and he will always be my brother, but it isn’t a zero sum game and I want to know my biological brother as well, it doesn’t take away from the fact that I love him at all. How can I make him see?

TL;DR: My brother thinks that I am betraying our family by seeking out my biological relatives, I want to convince him that I am not and fix this.



Submitted September 01, 2018 at 03:16PM by wannabe_snob https://ift.tt/2NFTz2M
I [M/19] was adopted as a child and sought out my biological family last year, I have become close with my bio brother [M/26], my brother [M/23] found out and is very upset, how do I fix this? I [M/19] was adopted as a child and sought out my biological family last year, I have become close with my bio brother [M/26], my brother [M/23] found out and is very upset, how do I fix this? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 01, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.