Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Am I being abused? Or just overly dramatic? (37m and 38m together for 6 years)

I don’t want to sound dramatic, but a recurring theme every time I go out with my guy (we’re both men in our 30s) he gets a little too drunk and he starts getting physical. He thinks it’s funny and that he’s being playful. But what he does irks the fuck out of me. He will poke and tickle me to the point of irritation. He thinks it’s funny. But it really bothers me when we’re out in public and I have to be constantly defending myself.

As the night goes on, sometimes he gets more physical. He’ll hold my hand and squeeze till I wince in pain. We’ll sit in the back of an Uber and he’ll grab my thigh and then pinch till I twist myself away. He’ll poke me because he thinks my reactions are funny but they actually hurt me.

To be honest it has gotten to a point where I’ve been conditioned to recoil whenever he even genuinely tries to show physical affection to me, and it is starting to affect my attraction to him.

I have brought this up 1 million times to him. I feel incredibly disrespected because he just disregards it the next time he’s drunk. I also just think that being treated like this is incredibly disrespectful.

I’m not sure how to feel about all this. Am I one of those people that are being abused but in denial about it?? Am I being too dramatic? I know I can be a little overly sensitive, but my feelings are my feelings, and I feel like he should Respect them regardless.

TL;DR : he gets drunk and physically hurts me on the regular. Am I being too dramatic about it or is this not acceptable?



Submitted March 25, 2023 at 11:13PM by Cointhing25 https://ift.tt/hmZSWRF
Am I being abused? Or just overly dramatic? (37m and 38m together for 6 years) Am I being abused? Or just overly dramatic? (37m and 38m together for 6 years) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 26, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.