Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (28M) am stuck providing for my family and it's not sustainable

Last year, my father (57M) was laid off and has been unemployed since with no income, My mother (52F) was always a stay-at-home mom and has not worked a day in her life and it is not likely that she ever will due to poor health. They are also raising two of my young siblings. We live in a third-world country so there are not really any social benefits or Government programs they can depend on.

Throughout the past year, they have accrued a considerable amount of credit card debt and can't really borrow anymore. So now I am stuck providing for a family of 4 and paying off their debt, in addition to taking care of my own expenses. My income is not that high, I work a regular 9 to 5 job, so I am not sure how long I can go on like this without also having to take on debt and ruin my financial future.

My dad says he has been trying to find work but with no results, although I feel like he is not putting forth his best effort, he seems demoralized and depressed, and I feel for him, It can't be easy to get laid off at that age, but we simply can't afford him not working at this stage. I spoke with him several times but can't seem to get through. I have tried being compassionate, I have tried being direct, I have tried being blunt, but nothing has worked. He keeps making excuses and lying to himself.

So what should I do? how can I get my dad to actively look for employment without coming off too harsh and making the situation even worse?

TL;DR: Stuck providing for unemployed parents and siblings, need advice.



Submitted March 21, 2023 at 05:07AM by ivatsirE_daviD https://ift.tt/epTjILX
I (28M) am stuck providing for my family and it's not sustainable I (28M) am stuck providing for my family and it's not sustainable Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 21, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.