Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (28M) think I am no longer attracted to my girlfriend (26F) after she verbally abused me for a while during battling mental illness. She is better now but I am broken

I don't really know where I stand now. I feel I am not physically attracted to my girlfriend anymore, but I am not sure if it's just the end of our relationship or I am just overwhelmed by her mental issues and abusiveness. The past 6 months she has been battling some mental stuff and being extremely sensitive and seeing everything as me hurting her. She thought I was the problem. Even going so far when I told her compliments she got angry. She got professional help and is getting better now and she appreciates me being there for her during this but I feel like me providing the support she needed and being there for her all the time even when she abused me (verbally I mean) caused some issues. Now I feel like my love/attraction for her is gone and I got depressed as well. Now I am in the process of getting professional help too, but I am not sure if I really don't like her anymore, even now when she is nice and supportive or I just got overwhelmed. I don't know if I will ever be able to look at her the same way. What should I do? How can I figure this out? I don't want to rush things, maybe it was too much abuse for me and I can get over it with time but maybe not. Some days are good but some feel like a chore now and I tend to only notice the bad things about her, which is really not my thing usually. I even tend to avoid some topic which used to trigger her even though it probably wouldn't now, but I got "trained" to just shut up and avoid things that she doesn't like. I am at my lowest and I feel like I could heal faster alone. But what if my love can still be rekindled? Also we live together and everything so breaking up would obviously be a huge pain in the ass as well, but I used to love living alone so there's that.

TLDR: I was abused (verbally) by my GF for a while, and now I can't decide if I just don't love her/find her attractive anymore or I only got overwhelmed and it can be fixed. She is better now but I am at my lowest and I feel like I could heal faster alone. But what if my love can still be rekindled?



Submitted March 21, 2023 at 06:38PM by add-username-first https://ift.tt/ZrW1vKA
I (28M) think I am no longer attracted to my girlfriend (26F) after she verbally abused me for a while during battling mental illness. She is better now but I am broken I (28M) think I am no longer attracted to my girlfriend (26F) after she verbally abused me for a while during battling mental illness. She is better now but I am broken Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 22, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.