Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My best friend wants to see me after 3 years.

Long story short....

I (F30) have a best friend (F31) who struggled with mental health during COVID. We grew up together and have been friends for over 15 years. As a result of what she is going through, she has not seen me for the past 3 years. We have still kept in touch via phone every couple weeks, as I really wanted to be there for her during a very difficult time and I just genuinely really miss her.

She has a tough time walking more than a few blocks away from home or she will get a panic attack and need to return home immediately. She has had very few visitors other than her brother and sister. She also lives with her father who she had a rocky relationship with as a child, since she couldn't afford a place on her own.

Fast forward to today.....she is finally feeling ready to see me in person, which I am really excited for! However, she coupled the good news with the secret that she has actually been living with her ex boyfriend for the past 3 years ian a different city. She did mention that given the struggles she is going through right now, she has big trust issues and she just didn't feel comfortable sharing this piece about her life.

I tried to play it off that everything was good and I was happy she chose to tell me because I still really want to see her. However, I am feeling pretty hurt that she would want to keep this from me after 15 years of friendship. We also had some pretty deep chats related to her living situation and how she was worried if her dad passed away that she wouldn't have a place to live. I feel lied to, and I am just not sure how to address it, if at all.

I am so proud of her progress and I'm so happy for to see her that I don't want a negative conversation around my feelings to impact the day we meet up.

Should I try to address my feelings via phone before we meet up tomorrow?

Should I just try to move past this, even though my gut instinct is to air my feelings and get it out in the open?

Any advice on next steps is appreciated.

I am the first friend she has seen in years so I really want things to go well, but this recent news is really eating me up.

TLDR: My best friend isolated for 3 years and is now ready to see me but she lied about her living situation.



Submitted March 24, 2023 at 05:19AM by pawsitivevibez2457 https://ift.tt/JAE3lqZ
My best friend wants to see me after 3 years. My best friend wants to see me after 3 years. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 24, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.